Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Getting ready to talk


When I get a photo of a house from a potential customer, I like to sketch it in pencil and paint before getting together to talk about the home portrait.


This one is close enough to visit in person, so I can take my camera with me when I visit. But when I looked at the address, I realized why I was having so much fun sketching this home ... I wanted to buy one right up the street from it that was very similar a few years ago and was unable to get it.  As most things do, this disappointment ended up working out for the best but I can still picture myself living on this street; isn't it a darling place?


Some of the questions I'll have for the residents:

  • Close up like I drew and painted it or farther away like the photo?
  • Colors?
  • What should be in or highlighted and what should be out? (fence, swing, landscaping, etc.)
  • Oils, acrylics, or watercolor? How big a painting? Framed?