Sunday, November 16, 2014

Last of 4 Secret ArtWorks I did the first year


This is the last of the four Secret ArtWorks I did the first year I contributed. I can't remember whether that was 6 or 7 years ago. But I'd only seen them online before: never in person.

It made a difference. I couldn't believe the variety, the media, the detail and effort that could be put into a postcard size piece of artwork. And even online, I learned how important a title could be: a lesson that's served me well ever since.

I took the photo that inspired this from the road leading up to Devou Park. That first year, I did two horizontal paintings and two verticals. Again, participating helped me by getting me to paint verticals for the first time, as well as smaller. With Paul Brown Stadium in this painting, may posting it bring the Cincinnati Bengals good luck today ... we need it.