Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Birthday Final Fri at Pendleton Art Center



Yes, Sept 26, 2014 will be Final Friday at the Pendleton Art Center: celebrating its 23th anniversary with an annual Silent Auction. Each resident artist is allowed to enter up to 4 pieces of artwork, with starting bids no higher than $200.
M. Katherine Hurley (Kay) also did a "gratitude wall" once in her own studio, offering extra pieces at very deep discounts, in honor of her years at the Pendleton. So that inspired me to do the same thing this year.
I put 4 original acrylic paintings, framed, in the Auction for $50 each. The first one is the "Big Mac Bridge with Queen City Tower in the Background." I shot this photo from the parking lot of Party Source, in Belleview KY. As you can see here, I've been sketching the 471 (Big Mac) bridge quite a bit, in preparation for painting a larger work.
Bicycling along the Ohio River Saturday, I realized how much I love all the Cincinnati Bridges and why I've wanted to paint them. My paintings and prints of the John Roebling Suspension Bridge have sold very well. So I'll sell this 8 x 10 acrylic of the 471 Bridge and Ohio River from Mt. Adams on my "Gratitude Wall" in studio 507 this month too, if anyone wants to buy it.
Glenda Suttman and I both have birthdays near September Final Friday, so we'll celebrate as usual with friends, cake and champagne in our studio on the fifth floor this Friday night. Come join the fun!