Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Second of 3 Secret ArtWorks I painted in 2009


Here's the second Secret ArtWork I painted in 2009 -- more experimentation in the media and style learned from C.F. Payne.

You have one more day (Wed 11/19/14) to see the real 2014 artwork on display in the lobby of the Westin Hotel. I always go down to shop, even though I don't have a voucher to get one. When you buy a ticket to Friday night's party, you get one voucher with it. And you can buy more of them if you like.

Here are the ones I would run to get if I had a voucher:

H0306 or V0675 -- absolutely masterful paintings, even in this small size!

I loved the paper mosaics of Union Terminal, as well as the "Fruit-Striped Zebras"; can't imagine doing this painstaking work: H0006, H0007, V0607 and I can't remember the number of the inside rotunda but it was the best of all!

Two works that I'm pretty sure were done by artists I admire and seek to follow. It would be great to get one of their originals for only $75 -- H0137, V0594

H0050, V0892, V0893; what beautiful watercolors!

Liked all the variety. Every year I think it is the best year. H0122 Longing (fiber, felted), H0223 Rag Rug (embroidery?), V0828 Chords (paint and thread, the title enhances it for me), V0762 Bells (colored pencils?) There are always many wonderful photographs but of course my favorite is H0241 Lumenocity -- Harper (because of the subject)

V0835 Carumba  Love the colors!

H0121 palette knife painting of the Footbridge at Twin Lakes in Eden Park

There's one I can't wait to find out who the artist is who painted it. Which ones would you want? See them all at http://www.artworkscincinnati.org/get-involved/secret-artworks/art-reveals/