Monday, February 15, 2010


Where have I been?
Why haven't I blogged for the last few weeks? Not because I haven't been painting! Home portraits like this one have been keeping me busy and, fortunately, snowstorms and snow days don't prevent me from working on them.
Because I plan to hike into the Grand Canyon this summer, I have been walking 60-90 minutes every day, no matter what the weather. What a blessing and an inspiration this has turned out to be! My life is enriched by spending more time outdoors. Last night I walked with "birders" for the first time and tried to train my eyes to look for birds without binoculars. Looking is what it's all about for a painter and even though I seldom take my camera, I can feel the beauty I'm seeing this winter being absorbed in my heart, mind and soul.
Discovering all that our local Hamilton County Park District offers is a joy and a revelation. It's a great new year.