Tuesday, May 04, 2010




Taft Museum Art in the Garden May 26-27
I'm very thrilled and honored to be displaying my work at the Taft Museum's annual "Art in the Garden" fundraiser this month. I've been working on acrylic sketches for a "spring" painting of the Taft to complement the summer one I did based on photos I took at an ice cream social on the front lawn one July.
Today I need to get serious about staging my 10 x 10 booth for the Wyoming Art Show on Sunday, May 16. When I helped Glenda Suttman at the Clay Alliance show last Saturday, I asked her why her booth looked so much better than the last time we worked one of her shows together. She told me the reason was that she spent a full day in our studio staging everything and then taking photos of their placement. So I'm going to do that myself and see how much it improves my display at Wyoming this year.
I've got my inventory of giftware personalized with my Happy Cincinnati images like the Roebling Bridge, Krohn Conservatory, and Union Terminal and it's already selling well at Art on the Levee in Newport. And ADC is in the process of framing my 2 x 3 ft. painting of the bridge; Litsa guided me to an even better frame than we'd identified originally.
Lots of little things to fix on several paintings today: the center porch area on my McLean house, butterfly and tent roof on one of the Krohn paintings, and another Taft sketch. Meeting with a client about a home portrait of his family homestead in Idaho; he's emailed me great photo references and now I need to learn more about exactly what he's looking for and I want to understand more about the history of the home and its location.