Monday, March 01, 2010



Was it finished?

We had a really good Final Friday at the Pendleton Art Center on Feb 26; so much so that I had this painting on the easel but never got a chance to work on it!

I haven't touched this since I first started it at Performance Lexus last September for the Mason Arts Festival Kickoff and now I'm eager to get it done.

It was interesting though. Two different people who saw this Friday night told me they thought it was finished and that they liked it!

I don't know about other artists but for me, knowing when a painting is truly "finished" is one of the most difficult things. Often when going back into working on a painting like this, I'll ruin the quality that I liked about it most before starting up again. In fact, the home portrait I finally finished last Thursday was like that; I kept going back and back and back to it trying to regain the freshness and the qualities I failed to preserve when finishing it off.

To see today's work on "The Roebling Bridge," check out my Facebook page. I don't think I'm finished with this one yet, so you'll probably see it here again sometime in the coming weeks.