Monday, April 12, 2010


Sketches for the Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show
Is there anywhere prettier in this city than the Eden Park area near the Krohn in springtime? I took a bunch of photos over there last week around 5 pm but they didn't do justice to the magnolia grove, redbuds, or the daffodils on the hillsides, so I'm just going to have to paint from memory.
Noticed that I hadn't posted anything in awhile but I've been busy. Finished the big bridge painting today, I think, hopefully having fixed the four things Elmer and I talked about two weeks ago. Finished the Krippendorf Lodge multimedia painting for the benefit April 30 and getting the first giclee made for framing this week.
Friday night I finished a painting of the home my great-grandfather built in Sidney Ohio and these Krohn pictures need to be done by the end of May. Also have a few new color sketches of the church. My friend Lana generously gave me her mother's pastels and some of her art books and reference material. Elaine Piazza has had an influence on my work through her style of painting, the good karma imparted through her studio easel, and the support and encouragement of her daughter and I am grateful for it. And for the inspiration of this beautiful spring weather.