Thursday, May 06, 2010


Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show
This is what I'm working on today, one of three prints of the Krohn's spring butterfly show that I'm making for my Happy Cincinnati series.
One is finished and framed and I'm still working on the other two, including this one.
I've had fun experimenting with a medium brown undercolor, which I'm finding tones down the acrylic layers I paint over it.
These three original paintings, and all the prints I make from them, will be for sale at The Cincinnati Art Club, near the Krohn, on the first weekend in June, 6/5.
Then I'll put any that remain at Newport on the Levee, along with my Roebling Bridge original, which I'm picking up from the framer's today. Can't wait to see how it looks!
Here's an interesting problem I need to solve: where can I buy a mannequin? I need one to display my Happy Cincinnati giftware and merchandise like ball caps, BBQ aprons, and tote bags. Actually I'd like to get an inflatable one (easier to pack and transport to shows), but I'm worried about what kind of store I might have to patronize to find one.