Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saturday September 19 was a beautiful day: sunny and breezy. Enjoyed chatting with all the golfers at Devou as they teed off on the first hole. In fact, that's what I titled this 16 x 20" framed acrylic -- "Tee'd Off"

People who attended the FreshART auction at the Behringer Crawford Museum that night got some great bargains on original artwork. I was glad to honor Wolfgang Ritschel, a friend from the Pendleton Art Center, whose support has meant so much to this organization. I'd haved loved to have bid on his piece "Fresh from the heart," but the bidding got too rich for me!

Next year, perhaps I'll paint the 9th hole green and clubhouse as a finished work.

The 4th annual Mason Arts Festival was busy and quite a success Sunday, despite the on and off soft rain that day. My Pendleton studio-mate, Dodie Loewe, won first prize for her painting of "The Slider" and my two pieces will hang in Mason's City Hall for the next few weeks.