Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Took this photo at the "Chihuly Reimagined" exhibit at the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus Ohio on Sunday. Absolutely amazing! A beautiful day, all the flowers and plants, and my favorite glassmaker's pieces displayed more creatively than I've ever seen. I feel like I'm drowning in inspiration lately, which is good. Have lots of photos to save up for paintings. Saw quite a few of Dale Chihuly's original drawings that he does to collaborate with people in his studio. Think it would be cool to display one he did before making the piece, my photo of the piece itself, and then a painting of it.

Painted two small 7 x 9" acrylic studies yesterday of the Devou Park golf course from photos I took up there Friday night at twilight. I'm satisfied that I have what I need to do a good painting in Devou this Saturday for the FreshART auction but I couldn't photograph the paintings today because the camera's still full of all the Chihuly photos I took in Columbus. Definitely worth the trip up there and the park is neat too; my friend was working at the "From Field to Table" event introducing the new community garden. Took some sting out of the heartbreaking OSU-USC game I'd attended the night before.