Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Before I go to sleep tonight, here's something I strongly believe: what makes a painting art is that it communicates life to someone other than the person who painted it. That art is like correspondence - someone must read the letter another wrote, and understand it, for it to have value.

Blogging is kind of interesting in that regard, isn't it? Sometimes I feel like I'm writing this just for myself, like a journal. To keep myself accountable to the task I've set for myself, painting every day. But then, there's also the possibility that someone else will read it. And the journey shared is so much better than that taken alone!

Another thing I did today (while not painting) was to share the experience of trying to earn a living as an artist with three others who are doing the same thing. It's helped me to share the journey of operating my own business with an entrepreneurs' group called eBrats once a month. But today was different, because these 3 entrepreneurs are also artists. So I plan to take time once a month to meet with them too. More inspiration. My cup runneth over tonight with it so we'll see what translates to paint and canvas from that tomorrow or the next day or the next.