Monday, June 29, 2009

Warren County Arts Festival, Lebanon OH Saturday June 27. Arrived in front of McMurray Framing and Gifts to begin painting during the festival. I had a 16 x 20" canvas sheet, taped off into 4 quadrants, my usual m.o. for doing small acrylics and color sketches for larger paintings.

Here's one of The Golden Lamb, Ohio's oldest inn. Just like some of the countryside around here in southwest Ohio seems to resonate with early Indian culture, standing on this street reminds me that this intersection was a town even before Ohio became a state. I enjoy its main street, and even more so on a hot, sunny June Saturday with lots of people out and about to see the art show, eating ice cream and smiling.

One of the most fun parts of painting this was listening to a child laugh behind me.