Monday, June 15, 2009

Painting every day is allowing me to experiment. Today, it was with new media -- water soluble oil paints. Boy, are they ever different than acrylics! I'll know I've really made progress with this painting a day exercise when I'm ready to show one. Not yet!! Looking at the scene out my window done at 10 am with acrylics vs. the one done today at 4 pm with water-missable oils, I don't like either one at all. Oh well; the point is doing, not necessarily the result. And, it's nice to be able to try anything without worrying about the result. Next time, maybe a knife painting?

Painted a total of 3 hours today: once for 2 hours and then later for an hour out the window. Still trying to figure out lettering for the family tree and I've been working on 3 small acrylic sketches of my Cincinnati skyline-Roebling Bridge photos. May try to post those on Twitter and ask which one people like best and why. Need to update my web site with this daily blog, Twitter, and Facebook links.