Wednesday, September 19, 2012

YCAC Artist in Residence: Day One


The Yates County Arts Council wants Sunny Point to be a place of creativity, laughter and healing and boy do I feel fortunate to be the Artist in Residence here this week! Arrived at Keuka Lake on a warm Sunday evening before sunset and was graciously welcomed to the area. I couldn't wait to have a whole week with nothing I have to do but paint; what a luxury!
It's been such a hot summer at home, I realized I haven't painted outdoors (plein air) in quite some time. And some of the best features here are nice big screened in porches on both the White Cottage and the Red Barn, so there will be no problem painting out there rain or shine.
It's also been a long time since I've chosen my own subject for a painting and I was overwhelmed with so many choices just a few feet from my front door. I was going to set up to paint the Red Barn but then I got distracted by the light on the pier and the blue kayak, so I did a quick acrylic painting of that before starting to paint the barn.