Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cincinnati Nature Center

Sat April 28 -- Twilight Garden





For the past few years, I've donated one of my original paintings to the Cincinnati Nature Center on Tealtown Rd. for auction at their annual fundraiser. And this year is no exception: the event, Twilight Gardens, takes place Saturday night April 28 at Krippendorf Lodge. Artist John Ruthven usually attends and demonstrates finishing one of his original works, which is then auctioned off to the highest bidder. I like him as much as I like his artwork!

The Nature Center is calming, inspiring and a great place to walk or paint in any season. Check out the monthly Full Moon Hikes, as the director guides walkers through the park with stories about native Americans, astronomy, geology and who knows what else.

I won't have this painting at Final Friday but tomorrow I'll post another one I painted when I dropped this off. And I'll bring it to Final Friday so anyone interested can see the real thing.