Sunday, April 29, 2012

Painting en Plein Air

Water Tower and Krippendorf Lodge at

Cincinnati Nature Center

I haven't gotten to paint outside much yet this year, even though the weather has been good for it. Was sorry to miss painting with the Southwest Ohio Plein Air group last Thursday at the Eden Park overlook. But I did do this little sketch when I dropped off my donation for the Nature Center's annual Back to Nature fundraiser, Twilight Garden, a few weeks ago. You can tell I began with that bright green background, can't you?

The Cincinnati Nature Center is a great place to walk and paint in almost any weather. I did this acrylic painting a few years ago during the height of spring with daffodils and flowering trees blooming.

They're having a Plant Sale there this Saturday and Sunday, May 5th and 6th, from 10 am to 5 pm. Might have to check it out!