Friday, September 25, 2009

Once upon a time, I would go to Final Fridays at the Pendleton Art Center and dream of the life I thought I could have had as an artist there. Today, I am celebrating my third anniversary in Studio 507 on the fifth floor right across from the elevators and I still feel like pinching myself to make sure it's real!

On my mind today are my original studio-mates who made it possible: Sondra Morris, who went to her reward in January 2007 and Nancy Rembold, who I caught up with yesterday. Stacie Seuberling, my next studio-mate, now has her own place on the sixth floor and is doing well. Tonight, Glenda Suttman, Dodie Loewe and I are looking forward to hosting guests with a party to celebrate Glenda's birthday and mine, the Pendleton's 18th birthday in this space, originally the Krohn-Fecheimer Shoe Factory, built 100 years ago in 1909.

Please join us from 5-10 pm. There's a wonderful silent auction in the 8th floor gallery from 6-9 pm. I looked last night and if you've ever been to Pendleton before and admired anyone's artwork, you can probably pick up an original by one of those artists and get a great bargain!

The piece I've posted wasn't painted today but the original framed oil is on sale in my studio tonight and there's a nice limited edition giclee print in the silent auction. I love our studio at the Pendleton! It's a great place to paint, a wonderful community of artists and I'm very grateful to be part of it all. Many thanks to all the friends who come to Final Fridays and their generous support and encouragement.

Check out http://www.pendletonartcenter.com/ for directions to 1310 Pendleton St. in Cincinnati OH 45202. On Final Fridays, there's valet parking at the front door for $4 and a free shuttle bus from the Bell Center parking lot at the corner of Pendleton and Reading Rd. (where it comes in from I71S to Central Parkway.