Wednesday, January 05, 2011

When you hear someone's smile over the phone

That is one of the many "overlooked joys in life" cited in Neil Pasricha's THE BOOK OF AWESOME. I like thinking about little daily blessings like this that we so often take for granted, so I thought I'd add one each time I post a painting to this journal for our mutual enjoyment!

No wonder I haven't posted anything here since Thanksgiving: everything I was painting was for a Christmas gift and therefore was a surprise that I didn't want to spoil.

My client for this painting liked the frame I found for it (I did too), so I'm getting it framed and ready for Final Friday at the Pendleton on January 28, 2011.

Saw that movie "The Social Network" last night and found it quite fascinating. Although I don't spend that much time on Facebook, I would really miss it if I didn't have it anymore.

Thankful for the sunshine today and I think I'll go out and get a little walking in while it's still daylight; that usually gives me some inspiration for the painting I have planned. Got some new source material today so I'm armed and dangerous to paint; more later.