Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wow, didn't realize how far behind I've gotten on my posts. Okay, last Saturday painted outdoors at Glenwood Gardens. Fantastic place! My first time there and the weather, though hot, was sunny and good.

I really got out of my box by trying a small palette knife painting in oils on masonite panel. Not sure this is really for me but I'll stick with it for awhile, as I did when I first started painting in acrylics. It felt like I was painting with my left hand and the other one tied behind my back but I did finish a nice summery view of the front part of the park.

I usually paint better standing up but even though I sat in the shade the whole time, I was too drained by the heat to walk around and explore Glenwood Gardens. Will look forward to doing that in the future.